The Sino-American Network for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (SANTRO) is a non-profit organization aims to bridge Chinese and American Radiation Oncology communities for medical and educational exchange and to improve the quality of radiation therapy to cancer patients. SANTRO is registered as a not for profit corporation in Michigan and recognized by the United States Internal Revenue Service as a 501(C)3 non-profit corporation.
Milestones of the SANTRO organization
1. October 10, 2006, SANTRO was approved as a non-profit organization by the State of Michigan.
2. November 5, 2006, the first SANTRO Founding Board meeting, the Marriott Hotel Philadelphia
3. November 6, 2006, the first SANTRO business meeting, the Marriott Hotel Philadelphia
4. August 29, 2007, SANTRO was approved as a 501(C)3 non-profit corporation by the United States Internal Revenue Service.
5. August 28-30, 2008, the first SANTRO symposium was held in the Grand Epoch City, Beijing, China
6. SANTRO symposiums have been held every other year.